Body Weight HIIT Workout. The Clapping Pushup Burpee Interval is one of my favorite body weight workout routines and one that I use probably more frequently than any other. The best part about burpees are that they allow you to increase your strength AND your endurance at the same time. This particular workout is more of an intermediate/advanced level burpee workout routine. I have listed the steps for this workout below:
- Perform the first part of a burpee so that you are in a pushup position.
- Perform 1 clapping pushup.
- Complete the back end of the burpee by jumping up and either raising your hands to the sky or performing a tuck jump by bring your knees up to your chest.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times in a row.
- Immediately after the 10th repetition, run 40 yards and back.
- Repeat this entire interval 6-10 times with 45-60 second rest breaks in between.
To add more intensity (and weight) to this workout, try using a weight vest. This will not only increase the challenge of this exercise, but it will also add resistance that your body will be forced to adjust to. Ultimately, you will burn more fat and by forcing your body into overdrive, you will continue burning fat even after your workout is complete.
Check out the above pictures for a visual sample of how to perform this workout. You can also view myself performing a complete, 10 repetition interval as a part of my Body Weight HIIT Workout on my Youtube Channel: